An autonomous robot is a robot that performs behaviors or tasks with a high degree of autonomy. Autonomous security robots combine four leading-edge technologies: artificial intelligence, robotics, self-driving capability and information engineering.
A fully autonomous robot can:
- Gain information about the environment
- Work for an extended period without human intervention
- Move either all or part of itself throughout its operating environment without human assistance
- Avoid situations that are harmful to people, property, or itself unless those are part of its design specifications
An autonomous robot may also learn or gain new knowledge like adjusting for new methods of accomplishing its tasks or adapting to changing surroundings.
When layered with manned guards, autonomous security robots can enhance a company overall security, property and asset protection program. Autonomous security robots can be deployed for warehousing, supply chain, distribution, manufacturing, inventory management, general industry, and more. Sensors allow them to navigate while steering clear of obstacles, and GPS technologies, always enable them to know their location . Clients or Security Operations centers can access real-time data around the clock via a desktop or mobile apps.
The mere presence of an autonomous robot provides a physical presence that can:
- People Detection
- Parking Enforcement
- Thermal Scan
- Automatic Signal Detection
- Audio Broadcasts
- Pre-recorded Messages
Strategic Security has developed a drone platform that provides security officers and emergency responders with a professional tool for collecting unlimited aerial data and gaining real-time visibility into security threats and emergency situations.
Drone applications include:
- Assess infrastructure
- Capture real-time visual and infrared data for immediate analysis
- Utilize drone imagery collected to make actionable, rapid and accurate decisions
- Survey and mapping
- Damage assessments
- Rescue and recovery
- Event security
- Aerial patrols